One Word Substitution Quiz Test
Choose the one which can be substituted for the given words/sentence.
1. A person who has no money to pay off his debts.
A Insolvent ✓
2. Words uttered impiously about God.
D Blasphemy ✓
3. A number of ships.
A Fleet ✓
4. One who compiles a dictionary.
B Lexicographer ✓
5. A test in which cells from diseased organs are removed and tested.
A Biopsy ✓
6. A small room in a big house, hotel, ship etc. Where glasses, dishes, spoons, food etc. Are kept.
B Pantry ✓
7. A foreigner who settles in a country.
A Immigrant ✓
8. Doing something according to one’s own free will.
B Voluntarily ✓
C Own Will
9. Place that provides refuge.
D Asylum ✓
One Word Substitution is a Very Crucial Part of English. In SSC CHSL, CGL, Bank, Clerk Exams 3-6 One Word Substitution Type Question is asked, Here We Are Providing All Previous Year One Word Substitution Question with Answer.
10. A person who gambles or bets.
A Punter ✓
11. Art of writing for newspapers and magazines.
B Journalism ✓
12. An abandoned child of unknown parents who is found by somebody.
A Foundling ✓
13. Parts of a country behind the coast or a river bank.
C Hinterland ✓
14. A written statement about someone’s character, usually provided by an employer.
A Testimonial ✓
One Word Substitution Quiz With Answer
15. One who does not make mistakes.
C Infallible ✓
16. Able to use the left hand and right and equally well.
B Ambidextrous ✓
17. One who hates women.
D Misogynist ✓
18. A system of naming things.
D Nomenclature ✓
19. A raised passageway in a building.
A Walkway ✓
20. A cure for all diseases.
B Panacea ✓